Updated: Getting Ready for Vietnam with Added Perspective

Updated: The International Extremity Project team is saddened to share with you that Bruce "Poppa Bruce" Lehnert passed away on October 30, 2014. Our thoughts are with Dr. Bruce Lehnert's family and friends of his father at this time. Namaste.

By Bruce Lehnert, DPM

As we are ramping up for the 2015 Mission to Can Tho, I have had the painful experience of finding out my Dad has stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lung. All the typical feelings that go along with this are with me.

But as we are making our way toward our trip in March, I cannot help but think of all the times our team had with my Dad when he came with us in 2003, 2004, and 2007.

My Dad, also known as Bruce Lehnert, was our man in the trenches. In country, he would help organize our supplies, photograph our patients and procedures; and help troubleshoot our equipment. Back at home, he would help with our stationery and brochures.

He has been a member of our team through and through. Everyone who worked with him loves him. 

Dad, you're the best!

Editor's Note: Get to know "Poppa Bruce" a little better through some of his posts from previous missions.

Comments