Team Member Bio: Kim Austin

Vietnam 2018

Once upon a time, I asked my podiatrist about a picture on his office wall. In the photo, Dr. Lehnert was sitting on a gurney with a child in a cast.

That was a long time ago. I have now worked with the International Extremity Project since 2007. I started out writing, doing marketing, and handling patient data while the rest of the team traveled. Then Bruce Lehnert invited me to travel with the team for the 2013 trip to Vietnam. And I've never regretted accepting the invitation, the experiences it has provided, and the friendships I've gained as part of IEP. 
Yes, it sounds dramatic, but
this photo truly changed my life.

The 2024 mission will be my fifth to Vietnam and seventh traveling with IEP. 

During missions, I manage the patient intake process, patient records, and assist with surgical scheduling as well as documenting our team's work through the blog and social media. I have the privilege to interact with patients and families and provide support in the operating room.

I'm a marketing consultant based in Nevada County, California.

Vietnam 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020, 2024
Namibia 2016, 2018

Comments