Nine Days 'til Vietnam

More from the team about what's on their minds as the make their final preparations for the trip to Can Tho.

Dr. Jeff Spanko, DPM and IEP Co-Founder
I think we are just about ready to go. There are a few loose ends with the airline and transporting all our supplies but I am confident it will all work out. On Saturday we will have a meeting of all the American members of our team at Uncle Jay's where all our supplies are stored. We will finalize and familiarize ourselves with all of our materials while we do the final packing for the flight.
     I have been thinking so much for the last ten months about the mission that I am starting to have no thoughts at all...a sure sign we are about to leave for Vietnam.  I am looking forward to the entire trip.  It has always been very challenging in the moment and ultimately satisfying when it is over.
Jenni Lehnert, RN
Many of the IEP team are getting together this Saturday and packing up supplies for the trip. I just finished getting my vaccinations. Next up: Getting my kids ready for their trip to the grandparents.
    I am really excited and know that this trip is going reach new heights. We have more medical support staff this year, which will help us be more organized, move efficiently through surgeries, and help us reach more patients. Here we go!
Dr. Diane Koshimune, DPM
The countdown is on!  I can't believe that we are leaving in ten days!!!  I am looking forward to the whole experience: Meeting the patients who were operated on before, meeting the new patients, and seeing how we can make an impact on their lives!  I have all of my immunizations complete and a stockpile of meds... My camera batteries are charged up... I'm ready.
     Now if only packing would be simple (I'm not the most efficient packer in terms of quantity), but by next week, I'll be ready!
I am honored to have been given such a unique opportunity to participate in the project this year and am looking forward to the experience of a lifetime. I can't believe our departure date is approaching so quickly, but I am so ready!
    THANK YOU to everyone for your support! 

Comments