Getting to Know IEP's Henry Duvalsaint

Such a small world. About four years ago, I visited Bruce Lehnert's office for a podiatry check up. I overheard was speaking to someone using a few Korean words, which caught my attention.
 
We started talking about Asia and he mentioned his medical missions to Vietnam. I asked him in which city his mission was involved. To my surprise he mentioned Can Tho. I had been going to Vietnam for many years and have a lot of connections Can Tho, including my friendship with Dr. Sophia who was then Director of Can Tho General Hospital. As a matter of fact, I had just been in Can Tho that February as a guest at the wedding of Dr. Sophia's niece.


Since I had so many connections and familiarity with Can Tho, Bruce asked me if I would be interested in joining the next trip to Vietnam with the team. I went as an observer my first year since Steve Warren was handling most of the logistics at that time. After Steve passed away, I became involved as a coordinator for the group about two years ago.
This will be my third mission with IEP.

With such dedicated people involved, I can only hope that IEP will continue to flourish in the years to come. ~Henry Duvalsaint

Comments