IEP Countdown to Vietnam: Stacy Lerner

My name is Stacy Lerner and I am a Pediatric Physical Therapist from Omaha, Nebraska. I have been working with IEP since 2003 and this will be my sixth mission to Vietnam. 

I am excited to reunite with the medical team. My main role is assisting in assessments of potential surgical patients. I identify how their functional mobility might be enhanced and/or negatively affected by surgery, which assists the surgeons in making decisions about how to help the patients. I really enjoy the collaboration with the medical team and working with all of the patients and their families. 

After the assessments, my colleague Amy Levin and I work both in CanTho and in Ho Chi Minh City at the Pediatric Hospital #1. We provide education to the hospital therapists and evaluation and treatment of children with a wide variety of motor and neurological impairments. 

Vietnam holds a very special place in my heart and the people are at the core of this love. I am so happy to be one small part of IEP.

Comments