IEP Countdown to Vietnam: Amy Levin

I'm looking forward to being back with the team this year. It's my 6th trip to Can Tho! I'm a pediatric speech-language pathologist joining the group from Chicago, where I teach at Northwestern University. During the upcoming two-week mission, I'll be helping to support the surgical team in Can Tho, then providing direct clinical services to children and families and clinical education with pediatricians and rehabilitation therapists in two different children's hospitals -- in Can Tho and Ho Chi Minh City. 

I keep coming back because of the wonderful relationships with the team members and the long-standing super relationships with the Vietnamese clinical professionals. Working with children, families, and professionals in Vietnam is an amazing way to understand a rapidly changing country and have a direct effect on the lives of children with disabilities and their families.

I look forward to this opportunity to serve and nurture these human connections each time! I'm so grateful to my family, friends, and other donors for their support and generosity that makes it possible for us to accomplish terrific things. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Comments